About the Office Manager role
We are looking for an Office Manager to organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures. Your role is to create and maintain an awesome work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness and communication.
Our mission at Root is to drive the digital transformation of financial services by enabling and empowering software developers to build the future of banking and insurance. We package all the difficult things behind easy to use APIs. The existing world of financial services is murky, inaccessible and dominated by cumbersome businesses that are slow to innovate.
Root was founded by Louw Hopley and Malan Joubert, and is part of the FireID family of companies, including Offerzen, SnapScan, Luno and JourneyApps. You can read more about Root here, and our culture here.
What you'll do
- Create and manage a fun, inviting and well decorated office environment
- Work closely with the finance manager and the CEO
- Assist hiring managers during interview processes
- Managing the onboarding and offboarding of employees
- Managing supplier accounts and payments
- Manage internet connectivity for the team
- Manage stationery, food, office snacks and furniture in the office
- Manage cleaning staff to ensure that the offices are well presentable
- Organise team events, off-sites and activities
- Implement and maintain procedures and office administrative processes
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree or similar education, 1+ year minimum work experience
- Interested in being part of a tech startup
- To be articulate, well-organised, and detail focussed with a low error rate
- Enthusiasm to tackle problems without prior experience
- Willingness to grind through a lot of routine work and remain detail focused
What you’ll get
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn and play a part in building the future of financial services. At Root we provide great benefits, including daily team lunches, secure parking, and autonomy to take control of your mission. You’ll get to work in a fast moving startup environment with a team of highly talented and passionate people, driven to make a global impact.